1. For the glamorous campers...you can now rent Airstreams! For a week you can have your very own luxury trailer, starting at just $4,500 on airstream2go.com. When is comes to road-tripping in America, it's hard to beat a scenic drive down the Pacific Coast Highway. Take in the views at Big Sur, explore the seaside village of Carmel-by-the-Sea, and catch some waves at Surfrider Beach in Malibu.
2. For the couple that wants to give back... volunteering for your honeymoon could be the perfect way to travel and experience other parts of the world. Check out lovevolunteers.org. They'll pair you up with an exciting and rewarding volunteer opportunity in the country you select. Workaway.info is another great resource that allows you to experience a new culture without spending a fortune. A lot of the programs give you a free place to sleep and eat in exchange for work, whether that means instructing a yoga class at a hostel in Puerta Rica, gardening at an eco-lodge in Venezuela, caring for horses on a farm in France, or teaching English to children in Morocco.
3. For the sporty couple...hike to Machu Picchu. This is a honeymoon option that requires some preparation. The busiest months are from May-September and you must make a hiking reservation a few months in advance. It is also recommended that hikers are in good shape before taking on the mountain.
4. Another option for sporty couples is to bike through Patagonia. There are only two routes that are accessible to bike through Patagonia- through Argentina or through Chile. The road through Argentina is dry and runs east of the Andes. The road through Chile is more challenging and is exposed to the Pacific.
5. For those seeking a pilgrimage... Camino De Santiago is a 500-mile walk starting in St. Jean Pied de Port, France and ending at the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia, Spain. While walking the whole thing takes as long as 35 days, travelers that do not have that much vacation time can pick the trail up in many different locations and make the walk as short as one day.
6. For exotic animal lovers... a safari would be the perfect opportunity to see elephants, cheetahs, gorillas and so many more animals outside of the zoo. Go gorilla trekking in Uganda's Bwindi Forest National Park or venture to the Serengeti National Park in Tanzania to see lions, zebras, wildebeests, and some of the largest crocodiles in the world. Check out the luxurious glamping accommodations at Kirawira Serena Camp.
7. For those that just want a relaxing, chic honeymoon... 10/10 would recommend the French Riviera. Stay at the Grand-Hotel du Cap-Ferrat, which has hosted the likes of Paul McCartney, Elizabeth Taylor, Ralph Lauren and Frank Sinatra. If this is a little out of your price range, Nice is much more affordable and just a 30 minute ride from Cap Ferrat, where it is free to walk around and private beaches are often accessible for a price.
By Laura Kohnen