Congratulations to Kelly and Amer who said “I do” at Finest Playa Mujeres Resort in Cancun Mexico with their closest friends and family! Kelly wore the Rebecca gown by Truvelle.
1. What did you dance to for your first song? Ellie Goulding’s version of Your Song
2. What are some ways you made your wedding unique or special? Having an intimate wedding (40 guests) was very important to us. Knowing that these friends and family members traveled so far for our day made it all so special and exciting! We tried to incorporate fun details for our guests such as welcome bags that were delivered to their rooms upon their check-in. They included "wedding recovery kits" (advil, pepto, vitamin c), ring shaped pool drink floats, room-key holders with Spanish phrases, sunscreen, aloe, and more.
Another fun detail was our "seating chart" which was actually tequila shots with our guests' names and table numbers. The sign said "Take a shot and find your spot." Everyone loved it!
3. Were there any surprises or did anything go wrong on the wedding day? Nothing went particularly "wrong", but being an emotional person, I started tearing up during the vows, and our minister had to ask if anyone had a tissue, ha! Then during our first dance, Amer started to tear up, which of course made me start the waterworks all over again!
4. Would you have done anything differently? Not a thing :)
5. What was your favorite part of the day? Our favorite part of the day was the non-stop dance party at our reception. Our DJ kept the party going all night with electronic music, rock anthems, and even a traditional Bosnian circle dance called the Kolo. Our friends and family caught on quick, and I think everyone will remember it!